Facial Rejuvenation and Acupuncture
Facial acupuncture (cosmetic acupuncture), and skin rejuvenation
Facial acupuncture, also known as cosmetic acupuncture, is used as an alternative for a Botox or non-surgical facelift. Treatments are usually scheduled once or twice a week for a series of 10-12 sessions, depending on your individualized condition. After 5-6 sessions, you start seeing improvements.
Benefits of facial acupuncture include:
- Minimizing fine lines (i.e., frown lines, smile lines, crow’s feet)
- Increasing collagen production, skin elasticity, and skin lift
- Minimizing puffy/droopy eyelids
- Increasing circulation to the skin and oxygenating the skin
- Softening facial scars and evening skin tone
- Helping with dermatological conditions, i.e., acne, scarring, rosacea, eczema
- Minimizing skin dryness and dull complexion
- Improving jowl lines
Your extended health benefits cover the cost of facial acupuncture:
Botox and fillers are generally expensive and contain harsh chemicals and have to be maintained. Facial acupuncture is a safe, natural anti-aging therapy that improves complexion without the chemicals or side effects.
How it works:
During your cosmetic acupuncture session, fine, painless needles will be inserted into your face. As the needles puncture the skin, they create positive microtraumas (small wounds within the threshold). The body then goes to repair mode. This increases blood flow to the face, increases collagen production, and can help even out skin damage. Depending on the location of needles inserted, it may also help you with headaches, sleep, anxiety, and stress.
Your facial rejuvenation and acupuncture procedure include skincare and nutritional recommendations and supplements that help you maintain the results.
What to expect and how long treatments last for:
Facial acupuncture treatments are generally scheduled twice a week for five weeks.
The first appointment lasts 1.5 hours due to intake procedures. Aside from that very first session, the following treatments are 60 minutes long. If treatments are scheduled once a week, then around ten weeks of commitment are recommended for the best results. This is because new collagen formation requires time to become permanent. After this period, you may go to the maintenance stage. During this period, you will receive your treatments every 4-8 weeks apart to maintain your desired anti-aging results.
Healthy Skin Recommendations:
- Avoid smoking, soft drinks, and sugar as much as you can.
- Using aloe vera helps if you burn your skin by the sun. Aloe Vera helps your skin recover and helps with itching from skin burn.
- Oleic acid in olive oil keeps the skin soft and smooth and prevents skin from wrinkling. You can use olive oil to remove your makeup at night and proceed to wash your face with a cleanser.
- Drink lots of water and green tea. Green tea is filled with antioxidants and helps your skin remain fresh. Eat foods that are rich in antioxidants – berries, watermelon, papaya, orange or red veggies, broccoli, salmon, and flax seeds are great choices.
- Get good sleep and manage your stress!